Search This Blog

Flake

Here's a song about finding the energy for what matters and figuring out what doesn't as your mental reserves dwindle day by day. I'm sure more than a few people out there can relate. It's not my best work by any measure, but I like it. I call it "Flake"





Every day a new parade
Every day a new way to play
Every day a promise made
Every day a debt repaid


And I can’t care
The glass castle I built shattered long ago
So I won’t stare and I won’t share
If that makes you want to
Then go ahead and gloat


Every day I get more tired
Every day I’m somehow inspired
Every day is lost desire
Every day another log on the fire


And I don’t care
Life exists beyond all the proud facades
No I don’t care about who’s there
All my energy is lost


All of the things we said
You could say we made this bed
But you won’t see me turn red
I don’t have life in me but I’m not dead


So tell me why
Why the power struggles make you cry
One day we’ll all die


So find what matters
Show the world your love before it’s too late
Find what matters
Don’t you see what’s at stake?


Every day I get more tired
Every day I feel so inspired

Every day is new desire

No comments:

Post a Comment