Search This Blog

Maximiland Chapter 4 Preview

I'm not dead! I'm still working hard and taking care of my family. I'm ashamed to say i haven't gotten much writing done, so bear with me. Here's the capoff of chapter 3, and what I have of chapter 4 of Maximiland so far, and after I finish it, you readers will be in for some brand new A Girl and Her Uzi.




Back at Eric’s humble abode, the two shared a cramped bathtub full of bubbles, along with the remainder of the wine that had been brought back from the picnic. Later that night, they stumbled into bed together, drunk as can be and singing love songs to one another, quite loudly and off-key. They both flopped onto the bed and breathed gently for a few minutes. Finally, Eric made the first move, pulling Rosh on top of him and entwining their tongues before Rosh could shoot off a corny one-liner. After the long kiss broke off, Rosh turned around, and the two went to work on one another. Tongues danced this way and that, and the pair shuddered together against the powerful sensation. Eric’s finger found its way inside Rosh, and he straightened up in response, then turned around. Finally, he raised up on his legs, braced his thighs and navigated onto his lover as smoothly as he could, in his drunken haze. Eric could only respond with loud moans and rhythmic movements. The two danced their dance of love for a few hours, with Eric’s plush bed creaking loudly in protest each time they switched positions. Playful biting and scratching left just a few droplets of blood on the pillowy bedspread. The two eventually passed out in the middle of making love, with Rosh reclined on a pillow, and Eric slouched forward on his chest.

CHAPTER 4 : UNITY


The pair popped awake with a start, leaping away from one another. Rosh assumed a battle stance, and Eric stood beside him with his fists squared like a character in an old cartoon. Before them stood a man with a wild shock of blue hair. “Relax, lovebirds.”, the man sighed, “I’m not here to fight you. I’m here to tell you something that may interest you.” Rosh produced a damask dagger from the foot of the bed, and changed to a military CQC stance. “Why should we trust you?”, he spat. Eric subconsciously stepped a bit behind Rosh. The man in blue chuckled. “I get this same reaction with everybody I reach out to, I swear.” He shook his head, then tossed a metal stick onto the floor. “I’m about as disarmed as I’m going to get.” Rosh picked up the stick, and a jet of white hot energy erupted from it. He couldn’t figure out how to make the energy blade dissipate, and settled for dropping the stick by his feet. Its glow went out before it hit the ground. “OK, I guess we can at least trust that you’re not here to kill us, stranger.” Eric nodded over Rosh’s shoulder. “What exactly brings you here?”

The man waved his hand, and the metal stick jumped into it. He put it into his long waistcoat. “That blonde man you saw yesterday, Rosh…” “You were watching that go down?!”, Rosh yelped. “From afar, actually.”, the man sighed, “I can’t enter MaximiLand. Though, that’s a moot point now that it’s a smoking heap of rubble. Anywho, that man is alive.” Rosh shook his head. “No fucking way, mate. He was headless, and the chick that saved him fought way too hard to have energy left to keep him alive. The blue-haired man reached out a hand. “Touch my hand if you want proof.” Rosh gingerly put a finger on the stranger’s palm, and he could hear the voice of the woman from yesterday. “Why are you in my head, blue man? What do you want?” “Mind if I look through your eyes for a bit?”, he asked as if asking to borrow a cup of sugar. “I-I guess… Why?” “Show me Elijah.” “But he’s…” “Naked? All the better to show off your handiwork.” The woman seemed to drop out of the conversation for a bit, then the blond man came into focus. Rosh recognized the head, but not the thin, muscular body it now sat upon. He studied the body from head to toe. “H-How?!”, he stammered. “She built me a robot body using internet tutorials,”, the stranger cut in, “and by God, it actually works.” The blue-haired man spoke up. “As you can see, they took special interest in Elijah. I still don’t know why, but you’d do well to stick close to him and Lena, if you’re being hunted.” Rosh scoffed. “Eric and I can take care of ourselves.” Elijah was the one to speak up this time. “Listen stranger, MaxiWaters Enterprises is a huge corporation. That superpark that was torched yesterday is not the only one by a long shot, and I’m willing to bet that there are stronger monsters further up in the ranks. I’m imploring you, stand with us.”


Eric finally spoke up. “I think… I think this may be for the best, dear.” Rosh looked at him for a long minute, then nodded. “Okay, fine.” “Excellent,” the blue man chimed in, “then you four will need to arrange somewhere to meet and talk privately. How about I provide the venue?” A vision of  what seemed to be an underground bunker or silo flashed in everybody’s heads, and they instantly knew its location. “Go there immediately,” the blue man said breathlessly, “All of you. Something is coming.” Uncharacteristically spooked, Rosh threw on a pair of jeans, combat boots, and a tank top at record speed, concealing more than a few weapons about his person. Eric’s dress was a bit more modest, being a simple t-shirt and khaki shorts sitting above tennis shoes, with only a pocketknife and a small pistol hidden in the shorts. The four of them stood together outside the house moments later. Lena and Rosh exchanged glances, nodded at one another, then generated a psionic bubble as one. The four were invisible and quite safe from harm as they made their way to the bunker.

No comments:

Post a Comment